Calgary Dowsers – Please Join Us!
May 13, 2009
7:00- 9:00 pm
6:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Presentation begins promptly at 7:00
Members $5.00 Guests $8.00
Location: Spruce Cliff Community Center
608 Poplar Road SW
Bow Trail to the 33rd St – Spruce Drive traffic lights, then north on Spruce Drive to the Spruce Cliff Shopping Center and the Community Hall is at the SW corner.
Reiki, the Usui System of Natural Healing
Reiki Master and International Instructor
Inge has just returned from yet another teaching/touring trip to Europe. She has a lot to teach us!
She will discuss the following:
– what is Rei-ki?
– the history
– many paths of Reiki systems
– how do we “create Rei-ki energy” and pass it on
to the students
– the initiations and their importance
– the Rei-ki session: what happens
– the training of students and the practice
– the benefits of healing with Rei-ki
– the possibilities for today and the future in the
health care system
– the personal growth aspect of Rei-ki practitioners
Five IMPORTANT Business Items requiring Your Attention
1. We need someone who will volunteer to take care of the coffee break and all duties associated with that function. Please volunteer….. Once a month you will be responsible for the ‘coffee’ duties. Involves purchasing the supplies as needed, setting up the coffee station, ensuring the water, coffee, tea, goodies are replenished as needed, clean-up, and either store or take home the equipment and supplies. This is one of the easiest and most APPRECIATED positions with the Calgary Dowsers. Please step forward and take on this most valued position. We will all be very Thank full to YOU!
2. Anar Kassam has begun the process of organizing and promoting a Spring 2010 Conference. This is a huge job! She/We will need many hands and many minds and many persons to assist with the details and duties that need to get done in order to present a successful and amazing Questers and Dowsers Convention. Before we go too far into this monumental undertaking – I feel that you our members need the opportunity to give us feedback on your level of interest or commitment to having a Questers Spring Convention in the Calgary area.
Therefore I have attached a questionnaire. I’ve attached it as a word document. Please print it off and fill in your answers and either return it to me in person at the meeting on Wednesday or send it to me at email@example.com
The purpose of the questionnaire is to see what is the level of interest from our membership, and whether or not you think you might attend. Your answers will be used to gauge the potential success of a Calgary/Alberta Spring Conference. We want as many or preferably ALL of our ‘Alberta’ membership to be involved as an attendee or as a volunteer.
Your response to the questionnaire will be a yardstick of our memberships intentions. I fully realize that it is not easy to commit as to where or what you will be doing in May 2010, but we at least need a educated guess as to the probability of success.
We will also have copies of the questionnaire available at the meeting on Wednesday, if you prefer to fill it out there. Verbal feedback much appreciated. Please see either Anar or myself if you wish to give your comments directly. Even if you have been attending the meetings on a regular basis – your feedback is most appreciated and needed. Please respond.
If you have been attending as a guest – Please respond! We need your feedback.
3. It is time to begin thinking about whether or not you want an election for a new board of the Calgary Dowsers Chapter. If we were to do this election it should be held as soon as July meeting or no later than September meeting. Please indicate on your questionnaire what your preference is.
4. .I have attached a list of our past ten presenters. Please fill in the attached questionnaire and return to me at the meeting. This will assist in determining the types of speakers, subjects, events YOU would like to see and hear at our monthly meetings in the coming months. Thanks.
5. The “Five-Minute Bio” has been a great success and has ‘uncovered’ several of our members who have a lot of knowledge to share and are willing to step forward to do so. If you are one of these please let me know so that I may put you on the schedule.
Need more information about Dowsers Calgary
Call: Merope, Chairperson at 403-217-2702